Wednesday 2 May 2007

We only come out at night

Every evening is another adventure.

New things are seen, sounds virginal to my ears present themselves, and new tastes that excite the senses are found. I'm not too sure if this will work, but my intention with this post is to start an ongoing record of some of these highlights - that is start this blog, and add to it as the trip goes on and more worthy candidates are found.

Animals
I love little lizards. Geckos, skinks, whatever. They're all cool in my book. We had heaps of skinks in the garden in Sydney, and now I've traded them in for little geckos that make different sounds at night, and dance around the ceiling in a way that keeps me entertained far longer than such a simple pleasure should. (I had a cute photo, but can't get it to work, so please use your imagination)

Sunsets

Who doesn't love a sunset? Red, pink and orange skies, shapes in clouds, the new sounds of the evening... A couple of times we've been lucky enough to watch the sun set over water. Photos never quite do a sunset justice, but I've provided a few here as they still look pretty special to me, and may help to remind you of some of your favourite sunsets.

Images from the top:
1) Parentian Island - Malaysia
2) Jungle Train - Malaysia
3) The view from our bungalow, Ko Lanta - Thailand
4) Street scape, Ranong - Thailand (I just love cities where you can see hills in the background!!)










































1 comment:

Leighton & Anna Thomas said...

In Brisbane we have Geckos living in our house. Geckos are great to have around 'cos they eat insects... and if you have geckos then you don't have rats - if you have rats then geckos are no longer top of the food chain (but that's another story). We've named the boys Gordon (Gordon Gecko... "greed is good" etc.), and the girls Gordana.