Wednesday 2 May 2007

Simple Pleasures

I'm a sucker for simple pleasures, and this is a very brief tale of one: having your face shaved in a foreign country (that is in a developing country). Today I had that experience, and shed a month or so of my facial follicles. I've provided some evidence for you - nice huh?

In this case my trimming was done by one who spoke no english, but we quickly sorted 3 important things:
1) 30 baht (about $1.20)
2) Face only - I'm happy with to grow my locks for a little longer
3) New razor blade (actually this was more by observation)
(Note the 'goaty' dissapeared - this is just the way that he chose to remove the hair. As many J&J people commented when I retained a smigen of facial hair one time "mate, the mo has got to go")

All in all a great experience. So now I have another month to work on developing more scruff so that I have the pleasure again. Will update more once I've visited a street side barber somewhere in Hanoi...

No comments: