Friday 10 August 2007

Flowers (2)

Kunming in China is known for it's amazing array of flowers (e.g. hosted the World Horticultural Expo in 1999), and is the home of the Azalea (with over 650 of the worlds 800 varieties native) mostly because of it's amazing climate. When walking up a mountain recently, I managed to capture most of these shots:

Massive sunflowers everywhere

Not too sure what this one is? (Jenn?) Like a Dahila, but maybe not?

Hydrangea (as usual, I had to learn the name of this from Ros)

Lotus's everywhere in Asia, with massive numbers in Kunming's Green Park

This plant wasn't actually flowering when I saw it. Any ideas what it is?

Let's face it, I didn't know anything about flowers before this trip (despite George's best efforts), so I can't actually claim to know all of these plants, but I'm trying. I mentioned the Azaleas in the into, but I don't have a clue what they look like...

1 comment:

Jenn said...

My vote was for Dahlia's as well. :)