Monday 23 July 2007

Another month, another shave

So another month has passed, and therefore time again for a street side shave session. This time: Phnom Phen, on a wide street that, while it allowed traffic to pass, was actually shave central.
After selecting the middle chair, I met my barber and tried to coax him into a smile for the obligatory before shot:

Reserved he remained at the beginning, an artist perhaps still in thought in preparation for his work on a canvas that also doubles as my face. But a splendid job he did, and in recognition he allows a broad smile as the moment is recorded.

For the record, this one cost 3000 Riel, approximately 80 cents AUD

1 comment:

capitan gracey said...

G'day Blake and Ros. Cheers for your comment. Am enjoying reading both your blogs, I particularly enjoyed your entry "Sign Language," I certainly understand what you mean!!!

A few years back, I drove an old Minsk of mine to Rach Gia from Saigon and had to have it lifted aboard the passenger ferry. The boat journey lasted over 10hrs, and as hot as it was outside, I had to sit out on the deck in amongst the livestock due to numerous people vomiting over one another! I'd never seen anything like it. Finally we reached my half-constructed hotel(?) only to be told that my room had been given away to other travellers who had been sitting there all day long! The other travellers turned out to be the people I'd been chatting to in the boat! I got my room back.

Good luck with rest of your travles, we will keep an eye on your blog which we have also added to ours as a link.

Take acre, Mike & Lotta.